Saturday, December 19, 2009

Female and Male Faery



I decided to ink some older sketches and see how they turned out. These are the results.

The first being a female faery as usually expected from me. One of my favorite subjects for drawing. although lately, my favorite subject for drawing has been pony girls. This is pretty much a classic staple of my art.

The second will come as quite a surprise. It's a male faery. I do get the question of "Where are the male faeries?" quite often. I also get the question of "Where are the male characters in your art?" or "Why not draw both genders nude?" The answer to that is that I usually don't have much interest in male characters. However, I understand there must be some sort of balance and perhaps a way to make those characters interesting too. I think this fellow has the potential to be an interesting character. Maybe I should create a name and back story for him and put him into a story. A really awesome story about faeries. So here is the first step in establishing some equality in my art for those who have been waiting for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment